The lack of diversity of thought in progressive blogs

This is an attempt to provide more freedom of expression and expand the idea of what it means to be a progressive.  Some of the topics we are going to deal with include Racism, Race relations, gender relations, political correctness, Title IX, Charter Schools, freedom of expression on college campuses, taxes, healthcare, religion,  and corruption.

I used to be on DailyKos but was banned recently and decided to start my own blog. I would rather not, but I just do not see a suitable blog out there that does not frown on anything that threatens conventional left talking points. I do not hate the left. I actually respect a lot of the sentiment and thought that comes from there, but I believe progressivism has to focus more on what helps everyone instead of putting too much emphasis on the means to get to that point.

All viewpoints are welcome here. I have a higher tolerance in classifying who is a troll. A troll is someone who lazily just spews talking points on either the left or the right and refuses to engage in discussion. If your whole purpose is to place hit and run comments without taking responsibility for them, you can go elsewhere.  If you come in here and say "Hey climate change does not exist, you libtards" , you will be moderated. If you leave your real name, I will actually not even moderate you as your views are there for the world to see.  If you come in here and clog up the blog space with similar comments again and again, you will be banned. It's OK to differ even if your opinion may be considered offensive by my friends on the left,  but at least make an attempt to engage in discussion and once your viewpoint is debunked, do not repeat it at a later time to make the same point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weinstein controversy: How the smug self congratulatory anti Trump speeches in Hollywood backfired